Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 90,000 Microsoft tablets -will- make it to the streets...

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    The Nexus 7 isn't optimal as a desktop center, but there are several great choices out there for a full android desktop experience. My HTC phone, for example, will print to both of the WiFi printers I have in my house. There are file browsers that can access my networked hard drives. There are office apps that can open and edit MS Office documents. Using the phone's data connection (hopefully you have an unlimited plan) one could drop their home network provider. I see a new docking station coming, that any phone or tablet could be parked in to charge, while sending video and audio to a large screen with keyboard and mouse as input.

Member #
    Liked
    192 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pallen View Post
    Micro$oft products are VERY expen$ive. And while some seem to like it, I hate there ugly looking mobile UI. I wish there was an Android desktop(I like sitting in front of a 23 inch screen), I would dump windows in a heart beat. Wind$doze have cost me a lot of money over the years trying to keep my desktop up to date.
    have you tried Linux?
    halibaitor and JimTDI like this.

Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    I have been using Ubuntu as the only operating system on my desktop computer for over a year now. Not only does it cost less (it's free), but the computer operates several times faster. If you don't like Windoze, then I would suggest giving it a try. I have set it up on computers for several friends, and they all enjoy the extra speed too. It's like you bought a new computer. Did I mention that it's free?
    JimTDI likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    74 times

Starting a Linux Ubuntu thread on this

Quote Originally Posted by jeems View Post
    have you tried Linux?
    I have an initial installation of Linux Ubuntu on my desktop now but it appears to have a driver problem with my system. I have to say the the installation of Ubuntu now is VERY EASY now though. Don't let my bad experience set you back if you are wanting to try it, it works GREAT with most systems and it's much more stable than Windoze. And yes Linux is $FR.ee

I have a question specifically about how Ubuntu does with syncing with Android but this should all be moved to its own thread now that my interest is perked back up to not ignore the Ubuntu partition on my desktop.
    Last edited by Pallen; 09-17-2012 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Added new thread link
    History: 1996 Palm Pilot 1000, 2003 Palm Tungsten E2, On The Go with my neXus 7 from nexus7nexus10.com July 17, 2012 ~ Support developers and forum sponsors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links