Member #
    Liked
    9 times

trying to get mobile broadband enabled, with Verizon pre-paid

We are going on a roadtrip next month and I was thinking of getting a pre-paid mobile plan with Verizon. They said my Nexus 10 is not cellular enabled so I would have to purchase one of their jetpacks($50) and then purchase a data plan, which I believe expires in 1 month. The total cost would be fairly high(probably around than $100, hoping for less) but the convenience could pay for itself. We will be driving through Colorado, Utah, then northern Arizona and trying to stop at a wi-fi hotspot would be time consuming. This jetpack could also be used with a second device, say we stopped at a motel without wi-fi, my husband could use it on his laptop. Has anyone had any experience with this?
    Neither of us has a smartphone, both are cell phones are antiques(mine is analog and gets better reception than his digital phone) so all this internet on-the-go is new to us. The Verizon man said, if there is Verizon coverage, we can use this while driving down the interstate.

I should have done a Verizon coverage check before posting the above. The area we are going to is not well covered by Verizon. AT&T is not much better.
    Last edited by nancyk; 09-23-2015 at 02:44 PM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links