Thread: Freezing Up

Member #

Freezing Up

I received my Nexus 10 last week. Loaded my info, added a few apps. Now it runs very slow and freezes for several seconds regularly. Also need to know if I can remove some of the pictures/music it loaded from my computer without losing them on the computer. I didn't intend to add so much data.

Phone
    Galaxy Note 2, Note 3
    Tablet
    Nexus 7
    Member #
    Liked
    1511 times
    Hello 1chuck, and welcome to the forum!

I'm no technician, so I'm gonna ask you to hang on for a bit until one of our more knowledgeable staff people can swing by to give you a hand.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I've found a few specific apps are most likely not set up to run with the N10 as of yet. I have a few LWP that constantly crash on me that I cant use right now.

Did you add additional email accounts? I know my phone has a case of the lags now that I added my work exchange email account in addition to my Gmail account. Also turn off things like Near Field Communication (NFC) if you arent actively using it (I wish there was a quick toggle for this on the swipe menu).

I know Google Currents was a culprit of lag for a bit, but I think that was updated with a fix right?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedNinjaGuy View Post
    I've found a few specific apps are most likely not set up to run with the N10 as of yet. I have a few LWP that constantly crash on me that I cant use right now.

Did you add additional email accounts? I know my phone has a case of the lags now that I added my work exchange email account in addition to my Gmail account. Also turn off things like Near Field Communication (NFC) if you arent actively using it (I wish there was a quick toggle for this on the swipe menu).

I know Google Currents was a culprit of lag for a bit, but I think that was updated with a fix right?
    I had the same lag/stutter type issues while mine was still stock. I put Task's AOKP rom on it and it doesn't lag anymore. I have Exchange and Currents running smoothly and no FC's or freezes.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm new to the forum and wish my 1st post was more positive....but I am experiencing a similar issue with my nexus 10.
    Received the unit on the 8th. Didn't setup until the 12th and used it only for a few minutes. I don't remember if it restarted in that first day or not? Used it again for approx 2 hours the next day and it rebooted 7 times. I contacted Google support and they suggested a reset. I did so...and then set the unit away until Chrismas eve. Used the unit again for approx 1 hour...unit rebooted itself again 4 times.

Dec 26: within 20 min reboot again! Called support again. Sending replacement tablet and RMA.

No common app ruining except chrome.

Will update when new unit arrives
    Happy new year

Phone
    Nexus 5
    Tablet
    Nexus 10
    Member #
    Liked
    122 times
    Mine reboots every so often, but not nearly that much! To me, it's annoying, but not a deal breaker for an otherwise awesome device.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Re: Freezing Up

If you are still experiencing freeze, resets and crashes...you can add your comments to this Google bug report.

http://code.google.com/p/android/iss...79#makechanges

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Re: Freezing Up

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links