Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: DvD to MP4 convertor

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I'll ask him next time he is online

I know he was using DVDFab to convert the films to VOB files and watch them via an app called VCL from the play store, however the app is only in Beta version and when watching from a USB device the picture breaks up eveny now and then, so he reverted to converting them to MP4 which seems more stable.

I think he tried .avi format but couldnt get them to play on the Nexus but they would play fine on his PC

Phone
    Galaxy Note 10+
    Tablet
    Nexus 10
    Member #
    Liked
    533 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    I'll ask him next time he is online

I know he was using DVDFab to convert the films to VOB files and watch them via an app called VCL from the play store, however the app is only in Beta version and when watching from a USB device the picture breaks up eveny now and then, so he reverted to converting them to MP4 which seems more stable.

I think he tried .avi format but couldnt get them to play on the Nexus but they would play fine on his PC
    I appreciate it, avi's definitely are great on the pc as I've converted / downloaded them for years, but something about the tablet apps inability to decode correctly. I'll try a mp4 tonight.

Phone
    Galaxy Note 10+
    Tablet
    Nexus 10
    Member #
    Liked
    533 times
    Quote Originally Posted by EFIN View Post
    I appreciate it, avi's definitely are great on the pc as I've converted / downloaded them for years, but something about the tablet apps inability to decode correctly. I'll try a mp4 tonight.
    Dvdfab did the mp4 from a dvd in approx 45 min, and there is a setting for the Nexus 7 which plays well on the Nexus 10 as well.
    Last edited by EfinTDI; 03-20-2013 at 09:04 PM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDroid View Post
    There are many free ones out there....but tbh DVD cat is the best all around with great support and not to mention he is a vendor on the forums ...best 10$ I've ever spent
    Most DVD ripper are available on free version, like this: [link removed] You needn't spend one cent if you just use for once(the free version is always limited on trial-time).
    Last edited by fish1552; 03-21-2013 at 11:42 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I have DVDCatalyst and handbreak (free). I like both but actually prefer Handbreak.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links