• 1 Post By Tinkerer

Thread: Outgoing Email Stays In Server Sent Box

Tablet
    Nexus 10
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Outgoing Email Stays In Server Sent Box

I have a Google Nexus 10 that I set up to use my talktalk email address as IMAP. It worked fine until the last couple of months when suddenly it is receiving perfectly well but although outgoing emails appear to have been sent, and indeed have been sent, they are only getting as far as the Sent Box on the server (I verified this by using Web Mail). However, they just sit there and go no further. I am still able to send from my phone and my PC, it is just the tablet that is affected.

I have raised it with TalkTalk and the first question they asked was, what version of Android is it on, followed by was there an update just before it ceased working properly.

It is of course on the latest version of Android but I cannot remember if it was when the last update took place that email went on the blink. I am wondering if anyone else has this problem or any idea what could be amiss?

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGH-I747) AT&T
    Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    211 times
    I'm not sure if this pertains to the exact same problem that you are having, but it sounds similar to me. Message #7 of 12 by 'Paul B' has instructions that seem to have helped a few members. It's a message board for TalkTalk users to assist one another, so if you don't find a fix here, maybe a user there will be able to help.
    http://www.talktalkmembers.com/t5/My...7/td-p/1087166

Tablet
    Nexus 10
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosalie View Post
    I'm not sure if this pertains to the exact same problem that you are having, but it sounds similar to me. Message #7 of 12 by 'Paul B' has instructions that seem to have helped a few members. It's a message board for TalkTalk users to assist one another, so if you don't find a fix here, maybe a user there will be able to help.
    emails won't send from Nexus 7 - TalkTalk Community
    Many thanks for the link. It does appear to be the same problem but the "cure" only works if you are always going to be connected via a dedicated TalkTalk line. If you are anywhere else (e.g. a wifi hotspot) it will not work. I am guessing that the problem is something that Google have screwed up in the outgoing eMail Security on version 4.4.2. I have since found many reports of people who use MS Exchange for business email who are experiencing problems so that may be connected. I would report it as a bug to Google but I have been unable to find any means of doing so.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGH-I747) AT&T
    Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    211 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerer View Post
    Many thanks for the link. It does appear to be the same problem but the "cure" only works if you are always going to be connected via a dedicated TalkTalk line. If you are anywhere else (e.g. a wifi hotspot) it will not work. I am guessing that the problem is something that Google have screwed up in the outgoing eMail Security on version 4.4.2. I have since found many reports of people who use MS Exchange for business email who are experiencing problems so that may be connected. I would report it as a bug to Google but I have been unable to find any means of doing so.
    When you open the link below, a pop-up will come up (make sure you don't have pop-ups blocked in your browser) At the very bottom of the pop - up screen, there is a 'phone' link and a 'chat' link. You can put in the requested info and they will call you, or you use the chat function to have a text conversation with a rep
    https://support.google.com/nexus/ans...t=1&ts=3455605
    EfinTDI and danvee like this.

Tablet
    Nexus 10
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosalie View Post
    When you open the link below, a pop-up will come up (make sure you don't have pop-ups blocked in your browser) At the very bottom of the pop - up screen, there is a 'phone' link and a 'chat' link. You can put in the requested info and they will call you, or you use the chat function to have a text conversation with a rep
    https://support.google.com/nexus/ans...t=1&ts=3455605
    Thanks for the support link, I have squirrelled it away for future use. I have managed to solve my email problem. I discovered many people on the internet complaining that since the last update (to version 4.4.2) their business email that uses MS Exchange was not working and I figured that whatever has gone wrong was probably causing my problem as well. The answer, that has worked fine, is to install a third party email app. However, anyone who has the same problem and wants to try this should be aware that a lot of the third party email apps are in reality just front ends that use the Android functionality and will not fix the problem. It needs to be an app that is a fully self contained email app; I have used "My Secure Email" and it works a treat.

Thanks for your response to my query, I hope what I have said here will be of use to others with similar email problems. I am sure that I cannot be the only one affected.
    Rosalie likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links