Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JimTDI

Thread: Google Nexus 10 Battery Charging

  1. #1
    Junior Member ZIP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2
    Member #
    12366

    Google Nexus 10 Battery Charging

    Hi
    I have just purchased a Samsung google nexus 10 tablet. connected usb cable to tablet and adaptor, turned on at mains and a white battery icon appeared for about 8 / 10 seconds then disappears, how do i know when the battery is charged, will the icon appear when charged etc, as I post this message battery has been on charge for 4 hours

    Regards any help will be appreciated -- zip

  2. #2
    Super Moderator EfinTDI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    4,962
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 10+
    Tablet
    Nexus 10
    Member #
    2189
    Liked
    535 times
    You can pull down from the top right side of the screen to see the battery status, or go into settings and pull up battery. It will say charging if it's charging, I believe the battery icon also shows a lightning bolt inside when it's charging...
    BTW the Nexus 10 is not a fast charger, it takes a few hours.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator JimTDI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    St. Paul, MN - USA
    Posts
    4,564
    Phone
    Nexus 6
    Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    1195
    Liked
    990 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ZIP View Post
    Hi
    I have just purchased a Samsung google nexus 10 tablet. connected usb cable to tablet and adaptor, turned on at mains and a white battery icon appeared for about 8 / 10 seconds then disappears, how do i know when the battery is charged, will the icon appear when charged etc, as I post this message battery has been on charge for 4 hours

    Regards any help will be appreciated -- zip
    So you want to know the charge percentage before you power the Nexus 10 up for the first time? I think you will have to power the tablet up and then follow what EFIN told you right above.
    EfinTDI likes this.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator EfinTDI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    4,962
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 10+
    Tablet
    Nexus 10
    Member #
    2189
    Liked
    535 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JimTDI View Post
    So you want to know the charge percentage before you power the Nexus 10 up for the first time? I think you will have to power the tablet up and then follow what EFIN told you right above.
    I see now, it's what shows when plugged in if the power is off, now I am on the right page. That's normal, most all Android devices show the symbol for a short period then it's not shown.
    I'd forgotten that symbol as I haven't charged when off for quite a while. A dock helps out to keep the tablets up, I have a dock for both the 10 and 7...

  5. #5
    Junior Member ZIP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2
    Member #
    12366
    Hi
    Many thanks for info, sorry I forgot to mention tablet was turned off. turn on tablet when charging check battery level then turn tablet off obviously battery charges quicker when tablet is turned off, I did notice the charger adaptor was cold when the battery was charged, warm when charging, when warm charging when cold charged use hand to check if cold or warm lol.

    Regards zip many thanks to all for replies

  6. #6
    Super Moderator JimTDI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    St. Paul, MN - USA
    Posts
    4,564
    Phone
    Nexus 6
    Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    1195
    Liked
    990 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ZIP View Post
    Hi
    Many thanks for info, sorry I forgot to mention tablet was turned off. turn on tablet when charging check battery level then turn tablet off obviously battery charges quicker when tablet is turned off, I did notice the charger adaptor was cold when the battery was charged, warm when charging, when warm charging when cold charged use hand to check if cold or warm lol.

    Regards zip many thanks to all for replies
    Enjoy your new Nexus 10 ZIP!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Battery not charging correctly
    By danielduarte in forum Nexus 4 Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-11-2013, 07:15 PM
  2. Weird battery indicator behavior while charging?
    By Psy in forum Nexus 4 General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-10-2013, 06:15 AM
  3. Nexus 4 Battery Charging issues
    By Mike_47 in forum Nexus 4 General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-07-2013, 12:29 AM
  4. Google Services Battery Drain... Nexus 7 2nd generation
    By jntdroid in forum Nexus 7 (2nd Generation)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-01-2013, 08:47 AM
  5. Am i charging a phone or a battery operated car???
    By Abhi in forum Nexus 4 General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-12-2013, 08:30 PM

Search tags for this page

google nexus 10 battery charging

,

google nexus 10 battery problem

,

google nexus 10 will not charge

,

google nexus tablet 10 not charging

,

nexus 10 battery indicator

,

nexus 10 not charging

,

nexus 10 see battery with lightning bolt

,

nexus 10 white battery with bolt

,

nexus battery symbol lightning bolt

,

samsung google nexus 10 will not charge

Click on a term to search for related topics.