Member #

Google Nexus 10 Not Able to Play RTP Stream Using Android App

Hi,

I have Google Nexus 10 and I have rooted it. I have build my own video player app which I am typically using it to play H264 encoded RTP streams.
    But I am not able to play the RTP stream on Google Nexus 10 using my video player app. However, I am able to play the same RTP stream using the same APK on other tablets like Google Nexus 9, Samsung Galaxy Tab4, and Microsoft Surface Pro 3.

NOTE:
    I am able to play RTSP stream on using my app on Google Nexus 10 but not RTP stream.

But while playing RTP stream using my app, log shows:
    udp_resolve_host: No address associated with hostname
    LAVF_header: av_open_input_stream() failed

Is there any Firewall / app protection settings that I need to change to be able to use my app?
    I have "Unknown sources" option checked under security-->Device administartion settings.

Thank you,
    Harshal Patel

Member #

Google Nexus 10 is not able to play RTP stream using Android app.

Quote Originally Posted by harshalpatel View Post
    Hi,

I have Google Nexus 10 and I have rooted it. I have build my own video player app which I am typically using it to play H264 encoded RTP streams.
    But I am not able to play the RTP stream on Google Nexus 10 using my video player app. However, I am able to play the same RTP stream using the same APK on other tablets like Google Nexus 9, Samsung Galaxy Tab4, and Microsoft Surface Pro 3.

NOTE:
    I am able to play RTSP stream on using my app on Google Nexus 10 but not RTP stream.

But while playing RTP stream using my app, log shows:
    udp_resolve_host: No address associated with hostname
    LAVF_header: av_open_input_stream() failed

Is there any Firewall / app protection settings that I need to change to be able to use my app?
    I have "Unknown sources" option checked under security-->Device administartion settings.

Thank you,
    Harshal Patel
    An update to my above question.

I debug this issue further more and I found out that getnameinfo() API call is failing on Google Nexus 10. So I am using ff_getnameinfo() instead as a workaround for this issue and I am able to play RTP stream now.

Can any expert please let me know why getnameinfo() API call might fail, but only on Google Nexus 10? Possibly a security or Android config issue ?

NOTE:
    getaddrinfo() API call does not seem to be failing. Android version on Google Nexus 10: 4.2.2(Jelly Bean).

Thank you,
    Harshal Patel

Phone
    Nexus 4
    Tablet
    Nexus 7
    Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    I think that you are asking in the wrong place, try an android Developer Forum, like XDA-Developers?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links