Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Member #

Post Nexus 4 Battery Life

I recently bought my nexus 4 and its freaking awesome.But I am little bit concerned about the battery performance of the phone.Can anyone help me on this.I just want to know the average battery life of the phone when using 3g.Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I can eek out about 8 hrs if I'm lucky. I don't watch films just a bit of Youtube every now and then. It's plugged into the USB port here at work as I speak and a USB charger in the car for emergencies It's my first 'smartphone' and I guess it just goes with the territory.

Twitter
    @privatesamso
    Phone
    Nexus 5 Stock
    Tablet
    Nexus 7
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    I get 3-5 hours with heavy use. Not much, so that's why I'm currently looking for a external battery case

Sent From My Nexus 4 (Pride and Joy)
    LG NEXUS 5
    SONY ERICSSON X10
    SAMSUNG NOTE 2
    Sony Xperia Sola
    Samsung Galaxy Note i717
    Windows Surface RT (Surprisingly good)
    Nexus 7 (First Gen!)
    OnePlus One! (Rooted! Yayyyy)

Phone
    Nexus 4
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    I think when this question is asked, we need to distinguish between screen on time and full usage time.

I can generally get 2.5 - 3 hours screen on time with 15-20 hours of usage in a day (full sync etc)

RCG
    Phone
    Nexus 4
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
    I think when this question is asked, we need to distinguish between screen on time and full usage time.

I can generally get 2.5 - 3 hours screen on time with 15-20 hours of usage in a day (full sync etc)
    I find this somewhat confusing.

Can you please define "usage"?

Senior Member thephantom_nexus4's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    I believe he means full usage as to the total time the phone has been turned on, on a single charge. Lets say fully charging it and unplugging in the morning at 8 for instance and letting it run thru the day until about the time you plug it in again say at 9pm so that's 13 hours total that the phone was on versus the actual time of use which is normally reflected on the stats of the screen on time in the settings. You could have a total time of 13 hours on but the actual screen on time is just 3 hours since you didn't really use the phone for the whole duration of those 13 hours. It of course is not 100% accurate as there are times the phone is awake but the screen is off like when you are on a call or listening to music when the screen is dark. Despite that though, its still a pretty good reflection of the actual usage. Hope I'm making sense here

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    LG Nexus 4 Occam 4.3
    Nokia Lumia 925
    Asus Google Nexus 7 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post
    teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. teach a man to fastboot, and you create competency.

Member #
    I recently bought one and i am amazed to see its features. Most of the samsung's phones doesn't have this type of specs in this price segment. The battery life is quite amazing. I use a 3.5g data pack and i play some games to kill time, Though this type of usage it gives 5 hours of battery backup which is quite amazing.

RCG
    Phone
    Nexus 4
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thephantom View Post
    I believe he means full usage as to the total time the phone has been turned on, on a single charge. Lets say fully charging it and unplugging in the morning at 8 for instance and letting it run thru the day until about the time you plug it in again say at 9pm so that's 13 hours total that the phone was on versus the actual time of use which is normally reflected on the stats of the screen on time in the settings. You could have a total time of 13 hours on but the actual screen on time is just 3 hours since you didn't really use the phone for the whole duration of those 13 hours. It of course is not 100% accurate as there are times the phone is awake but the screen is off like when you are on a call or listening to music when the screen is dark. Despite that though, its still a pretty good reflection of the actual usage. Hope I'm making sense here

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    Thanks.

Member #
    After about 6 charging cycles battery gets better

Sent from my Nexus 4

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Privatesamso View Post
    I'm currently looking for a external battery case

Sent From My Nexus 4 (Pride and Joy)
    Only 12 days... [CC-E960] Buy Mugen Power 4500mAh Battery Case for LG Nexus 4

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Ads