Member #

Syncing with Outlook

Always synced my Outlook calendar and contacts with my phone, but this seems very difficult with the google nexus.
    I have tried MOBILedit and MyPhoneExplorer and now have multiple contacts that I cant get rid of.
    Maybe I bought the wrong phone because I dont want Google gmail or calendar involved in my phone at all.
    Is it possible to sync Outlook with the phone and keep Google out of the equation?
    I only use Gmail to log onto some sites anonymously and to use the store, otherwise I would delete it.

Phone
    Galaxy Note 2, Note 3
    Tablet
    Nexus 7
    Member #
    Liked
    1511 times
    Hmmm, well - the whole android system was sort of built on Google and the use of Google Contacts. I believe there are ways to utilize Outlook for your contacts, but I'm not sure what they are. You've probably figured out by now that I'm not a technician.

Read this: Syncing N4 & Outlook - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

NOTE: I did a Google search to find that link, so if it solves your problem, thank Google.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

smalltowngirl13
    Here is a good website that shows you all that is available... Sync Android/Droid with Outlook/Exchange

Good luck!

Jan
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    This is my first smart phone and I'm really struggling to get to grips with the email on it. Believe it or not, thanks to finding instructions on the web, I've successfully synced my Outlook contacts with my GMail account. My problem, however, is I can't find them anywhere on my Nexus 4 phone - which is supposed to sync automatically with my GMail account. When i compose an email on my phone, I have to manually type in the email address - can anyone please tell me where I've gone wrong? There doesn't appear to be an address book anywhere I can use to select the address I want. I clicked on the People icon to see if it was in there and it's empty. Confused isn't the word!

Member #
    Liked
    251 times
    Jan, the people app is the right place, but maybe you haven't synchronized them quite yet. Go into settings and scroll down to accounts ( on your phone), tap google, you should see your gmail account associated with your phone, tap that nd ensure that there is a check mark in the contacts box. Tap the 3 dots upper right and hit sync now. Hope that helps. Let us know.

Ps just a thought but log into gmail via web browser and ensure that your contacts are there first, if they are then the above "should" work.

Jan
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    From one frenzied female to another - thank you! Now, the strange thing is I did all of this yesterday and since then the phone has been auto syncing every hour with no sign of them. Just as I went in to check a tick was next to the Contacts, lo and behold, there they all were. Spooky! But hey, we got there in the end so thanks again.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links