Member #

Post can't swipe down notification center

i have a 12 day old Nexus 4 and i can't swipe down the notifications bar.

i've tried turning it off
    i've tried performing a factory reset

If i go into an application that supports landscape mode (e.g. Chrome), and turn the phone landscape, then i can swipe down notifications from the "top".

But then i can't click the "Home" button, which is then located on on the right hand side of the screen, which is the top of the physical phone - near the earpiece).

i'll be so glad if anyone can help me with this issue

thanks

Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    I will guess that you could do this before? By soft restart, do you mean that you powered off your phone completely and the powered back on... hold the power button down then chose power off. If that didn't work you should try a hard reset. With the power off hold the volume down and power button together until the green android appears, push volume down until it says recovery mode in the top box and tap the power button. Android guy will show up with a red triangle. Hold power and volume up for a couple seconds then let go a menu will appear up top. Use volume button to select reboot.

If this doesn't fix your issue you may have to factory reset the phone, you will loss all apps and data so be sure to back up what you want first.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by frenziedfemale View Post
    I will guess that you could do this before? By soft restart, do you mean that you powered off your phone completely and the powered back on... hold the power button down then chose power off. If that didn't work you should try a hard reset. With the power off hold the volume down and power button together until the green android appears, push volume down until it says recovery mode in the top box and tap the power button. Android guy will show up with a red triangle. Hold power and volume up for a couple seconds then let go a menu will appear up top. Use volume button to select reboot.

If this doesn't fix your issue you may have to factory reset the phone, you will loss all apps and data so be sure to back up what you want first.
    I think he mentioned doing all of those already and none worked for him. At this point RMA might be the only solution.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wildmangk View Post
    I think he mentioned doing all of those already and none worked for him. At this point RMA might be the only solution.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    Yep they edited their post to add those in after I answered, I did read before replying honest!!

I agree with you RMA

Member #
    now , i'm facing a new problem with the touch screen , when i try to swipe down the notification center , the touch all over the screen freeze and i can use only the power and volume buttons , anyone have on idea how can i fix this problem ?

Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    There seems to be a problem with your digitizer (touch screen) you should contact Googe for a replacement.

Member #
    It certainly is inconvenient, along with usually being unnecessary. If your phone is constantly having this problem then more likely than not you've installed something that's causing the problem.
    You can either look for other apps that modify notifications, or the Status bar or something similar, and start uninstalling until you come across the right one, or you can perform a Factory Reset and clear everything out. If you decide on the latter, be sure to backup all of your important data first. And install your apps again in small increments so that you can keep track of when the weird behavior occurs again.
    For more information about Android recovery if you have interest, you can visit: http://www.android-recovery.net/

Ads