Member #

Just installed 4.3 Jelly Bean on my Nexus 4 now stuck on boot screen

Nexus 4 was working fine. received message the 4.3 operating system was ready to be installed. It downloaded then installed and rebooted. Now it is stuck on the X boot screen. Have tried system recovery but still will not go past the X screen.

Twitter
    @privatesamso
    Phone
    Nexus 5 Stock
    Tablet
    Nexus 7
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    So it was a official download?

Sent From My Nexus 4 (Pride and Joy)
    LG NEXUS 5
    SONY ERICSSON X10
    SAMSUNG NOTE 2
    Sony Xperia Sola
    Samsung Galaxy Note i717
    Windows Surface RT (Surprisingly good)
    Nexus 7 (First Gen!)
    OnePlus One! (Rooted! Yayyyy)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have the same problem, it was official download. after downloading and install it got stack at the boot screen, after an all nighter I forced reboot and it got stuck on loading X screen.
    After a while I got incomming call which took the Nexus out of X loading screen but it shows nothing in the front screen and the reaction to everything is very slow, and there is nothing in the apps button.
    I managed to enter setting.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    OK after a while of fighting with the problem I managed to actually make the phone work ( slow. Not very responsive. But working enough to get in to the settings ) then I was just about to reset factory default when I remembered I had "Everything beta" installed. I deleted it and that fixed it. Working without a problem.

Member #
    I have still not had any luck with mine. I have performed factory reset using recovery menu but no luck. Called customer support and they are sending a replacement but i would still like to figure out what happened and try to get it working. Any ideas?

Member #
    I contacted Google Play about my phone. They said they would send me a new one as long as they could put a hold on my credit card for the price of the phone. When I asked the CSR why she said it was policy and that once they received my old phone they would take would remove the hold. Sounded pretty fishy to me. I imagine that it is checked over to see who is at fault. Which I understand. But, if for some reason they try to blame me then I am stuck with a product which is unreliable. I would not purchase another Nexus if they try to place the blame on me. She sent me a RMA # and a label to send my phone back. I told her I will send the phone in and once they do what they need then they can send me another one. She just kept repeating the policy crap. According to UPS they received the phone yesterday. I call up and spoke to the CSR and explained the situation. She said they will still need to put the hold on my card. When I asked why she said to make sure they get the other back...HUH!!!! I told her that google already has it to which she confirmed and agreed. She advised me that she needs to do some investigation in to what to do. My guess is that they are going to somehow blame me for the issue. All I know is that it was working perfectly fine until I installed the update to 4.3. My advise to anyone with the same issue is do not allow them to put a hold on your card. I have had to return electronics under warranty before and have never been asked to put money out in any way. I will let everyone know how it goes.

Twitter
    @privatesamso
    Phone
    Nexus 5 Stock
    Tablet
    Nexus 7
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by damion122268 View Post
    I contacted Google Play about my phone. They said they would send me a new one as long as they could put a hold on my credit card for the price of the phone. When I asked the CSR why she said it was policy and that once they received my old phone they would take would remove the hold. Sounded pretty fishy to me. I imagine that it is checked over to see who is at fault. Which I understand. But, if for some reason they try to blame me then I am stuck with a product which is unreliable. I would not purchase another Nexus if they try to place the blame on me. She sent me a RMA # and a label to send my phone back. I told her I will send the phone in and once they do what they need then they can send me another one. She just kept repeating the policy crap. According to UPS they received the phone yesterday. I call up and spoke to the CSR and explained the situation. She said they will still need to put the hold on my card. When I asked why she said to make sure they get the other back...HUH!!!! I told her that google already has it to which she confirmed and agreed. She advised me that she needs to do some investigation in to what to do. My guess is that they are going to somehow blame me for the issue. All I know is that it was working perfectly fine until I installed the update to 4.3. My advise to anyone with the same issue is do not allow them to put a hold on your card. I have had to return electronics under warranty before and have never been asked to put money out in any way. I will let everyone know how it goes.
    Lol what, if everything went as you said it was, I suggest suing Google for a good settlement. This is easily the worst customer service case. Jury would definitely see as your right to sue.

Sent From My Nexus 4 (Pride and Joy)
    LG NEXUS 5
    SONY ERICSSON X10
    SAMSUNG NOTE 2
    Sony Xperia Sola
    Samsung Galaxy Note i717
    Windows Surface RT (Surprisingly good)
    Nexus 7 (First Gen!)
    OnePlus One! (Rooted! Yayyyy)

Member #

Cool easy recovery of nexus 4 without loss of data;)

just call on your number from another cell, nexus will get past X screen. then drag down the notification curtain and go to settings. in the settings, open apps, then go to all apps and select launcher. in the launcher, hit UNINSTAL UPDATES and you will be good again!!!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links