Member #

Unhappy My Nexus 4 suddenly stopped working and now not starting

My Nexus 4 is not even 1 month old. This morning I woke up from the alarm on my Nexus 4 and it was all fine. After around an hour when I was leaving for work I picked up my phone and it was not working.

The battery was at 93% when I woke up and I did not do anything on it since I woke up. The wifi was on though but there were no heavy apps running.

Now its unusually warm and pressing the power button is doing nothing.

What to do, any suggestions?

Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Phone
    Nexus 6
    Member #
    Liked
    1305 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kw1k View Post
    My Nexus 4 is not even 1 month old. This morning I woke up from the alarm on my Nexus 4 and it was all fine. After around an hour when I was leaving for work I picked up my phone and it was not working.

The battery was at 93% when I woke up and I did not do anything on it since I woke up. The wifi was on though but there were no heavy apps running.

Now its unusually warm and pressing the power button is doing nothing.

What to do, any suggestions?
    Welcome kw1k, have you done a soft reboot? Press and hold the power button for 8-10 seconds, a dialogue box will come up, select restart.

LG V60 Dual Screen
    Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 7 Pro

Member #
    Hey, Thanks :-) . I did actually tried to boot it up but did not work. However for the last resort I connected it to a charger and let it charge for 15 minutes. Then I tried to switch it on and it did start. The battery at was 0%. I can not believe it. When I woke up it was at 90% and then in an hour it got drained completely. Something is not right though I am not sure what. Like I said there were no battery draining apps running in background. I have already taken care of those things after reading about battery issues of Nexus 4.

Phone
    Nexus 5
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    I've seen mine do something similar, I had to power it off completely, leave it plugged in a few mins, then switched it on. I've read that charging it with the phone powered off is good for it. But anyway, it hasn't done it again since.

Phone
    Nexus 4
    Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    I've had this happen to me, the phone wouldn't turn on and I was freaking out. However I left it on charge for a while and it worked.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Nexus 4 - 16GB
    Nexus 7 (2013) - 32GB

Member #

Nexus 4 Does not Start - Please Help

SOS URGENT HELP REQUIRED.

My Nexus 4 is not 6 months old. Till this evening my Nexus 4 and it was all fine. The battery was showing 36% and suddenly the phone starter heating and the battery drained out completely in 15 minutes.

I kept my phone in charging for more than one hour and tried to switch on the phone but could not start. While charging, RED dot is seen in the notification light, which was never earlier.

There are no heavy application loaded in the phone nor the application are ON.

Now its unusually warm and pressing the power button is doing nothing. After truing so many times to boot phone, Phone does not boot.

What to do, any suggestions? Please Help

Phone
    Nexus 5
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Sounds like you need to do this:

Final fix for Nexus 4 red light of death - xda-developers

Edit: I would read the whole thread, it seems that other people fixed it in various ways.

Member #
    Hey, did you find a solution to your problem? I'm experiencing the same problem since morning and haven't been able to rectify it. Please help.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links