Member #
    Liked
    13 times

Windows XP doesn't show Nexus 4

So, I plug my new Nexus 4 in to my Windows XP computer here at work, let all the drivers download & install and everything looks fine. So I right click on the start button, then explore to look at all the folders and drives and my Nexus doesn't show? It shows next to the time in the task bar that there is and external drive plugged in and that I should click there to "safely remove drive" but I don't see it to add or remove files?

I went home and plugged it into my Windows 8 computer and let the drivers install, open up the file manager and there it is, no problem. What could I be missing?

Phone
    Nexus 5X
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    In XP it really doesn't show as a drive, I think it shows as media or something. I hated it for that reason & you can't move files around...I use AirDroid when I'm on XP...it lets me do whatever I want.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Well right, but I'm saying it doesn't show at all except for where I explained. I've never used air droid. I just looked it up though and it sounds interesting.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Phone
    Nexus 5X
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    I just formatted my last XP system to W7 a few weeks ago, so I couldn't be more clear on the details...but, like I said, after the 1st hookup I went with AirDroid every time after that.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Well, I gave air droid a shot and the podcasts I wanted to upload exceeded the size limit for the free version and the paid version is a monthly charge.

Thanks but this isn't a real solution, just a work around that didn't work for me. Anyone else have any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Phone
    Nexus 4
    Tablet
    Nexus 10
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Do you have USB debugging turned on in Developer options - sometimes that seems to prevent the Nexus showing up... try turnining it off if you have it on... or try turning it on if you have it off

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links