Phone
    Nexus 6
    Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    989 times

Android 7.1.1 begins to roll out to the Nexus 6

Looks like Google has begun rolling Android 7.1.1 out to the Nexus 6, the only remaining device that was supposed to get it.

It seems other Google phone users with Pixels, N5Xs and N6Ps that have gotten the update over the last month or so, have had random reboots, bricks and shutdowns with lots of battery remaining according to many users. Hopefully if Android 7.1.1 has caused these problems on the other devices, they don't follow to the Nexus 6 (32 -vs- 64 bit Android code). Guess we'll have to wait and see...
    Last edited by JimTDI; 01-06-2017 at 04:20 AM.

Phone
    Nexus 6
    Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    989 times
    It appears one of the effects of the 7.1.1 update to the Nexus 6 is the speakerphone is messed up. Callers say people on the other side of the speakerphone hear screeching, static, etc. Seems pretty consistent in all who have tried it. The "Phone" app was replaced at the same time as 7.1.1 on the Nexus 6, but users say rolling back to the older version of "Phone" doesn't help. Going back to Android 7.0 cures the problem, rolling forward to 7.1.1, the problem re-appears. Google is aware of the problem - so stay tuned for a fix if you have a Nexus 6 with this problem after updating to Android 7.1.1

Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    I've got the speaker phone issue on My N6 running the latest PureNexus rom and ElementalX kernel. I rarely ever use the speaker phone so I'm just living with it until it gets patched.
    When I'm not hanging out here or in the sister S3 forum I'm blogging at http://www.faithfamilyandtechnology.com/

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I'm still on 7.0 - it took ages to get that after they started rolling it out! I always use speakerphone when making a call so hope they fix that bug before I get the OS update!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links