Member #

Nexus 6 in China - VPN

Hi all,

I'm completely new to the forum here, but I have been an iPhone user for a very long time and the prices of the new iPhone 6 are pushing me to look at other options. I had the chance to play with a Nexus 5 and it was awesome, and the Nexus 6 sounds even better. Here is the issue though, the Nexus is only really super cool if you have continuous access to Google. If not, it turns into a regular phone... and living in China, well, you need a VPN to access Google.

I have 3 of my own personal VPNs sitting on VPS servers in three countries, so there's no issues for finding a working VPN. The issue is that from what I remember of the Android system - last time I played with one was a long time ago - is that connecting to the VPN was a convoluted and somewhat complicated thing. It would not re-attempt connection. It would not remember your password. And there was 5 steps (clicks) to re-connect, and re-enter your password. So here is my question: Is there an app out there that allows to continuously (always) keep your phone connected to a VPN without having to manually re-connect it all the time?

Thanks!!

Phone
    Nexus 4
    Tablet
    Nexus 7
    Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    In my opinion using a vpn isn't too difficult these days. I used vpnroot (at least I think it was that ) for a while, needs root obviously, but I think it enables you to switch vpns and reconnect on error. I might be wrong about what app though as I don't use a vpn now

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartajc View Post
    In my opinion using a vpn isn't too difficult these days. I used vpnroot (at least I think it was that ) for a while, needs root obviously, but I think it enables you to switch vpns and reconnect on error. I might be wrong about what app though as I don't use a vpn now
    That's definitely interesting. The PRO version definitely seems to have a lot of what I'm looking for. Reviews are up and down, would love to hear other options to shop around, but thanks! It does sound possible!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links