Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By danvee

Thread: Not Receiving All Calls, Sending Multiple Texts and Voicemail Icon Won't Go Away.

Phone
    Nexus 6 Sprint
    Tablet
    Nexus 7
    Member #

Cool Not Receiving All Calls, Sending Multiple Texts and Voicemail Icon Won't Go Away.

Just got a Nexus 6 from Sprint. So far I like the phone, but I have a few annoying problems that need to be addressed.

First I have my Nexus linked to Google Voice like all my other phones before and never had any problems. It sometimes misses calls that I know others have placed. The calls show up on Google Voice Inbox and when at my PC, it will notify a call with a sound and it does, but at the phone, nothing happens. When someone leaves a message, the notifications, the email notification all come through, just not the voice call. Not consistent. I do get some calls, just can't verify how many I miss. This is a major issue of course. If a phone can't receive calls then it is worthless.

Second issue is when I send texts. My recipients get at least two copies at the same time. I use Google Messenger that was built into the phone.

Another annoying issue is I can't get the voice mail icon to disappear even though I have no unread messages. Tried many different things like Force Stop of the phone application and it works, but if you reboot the phone it just comes back.

I would like to hear from other Nexus 6 users and especially those specifically on Sprint.

Any help would be appreciated. Have already contacted Sprint support online and waiting for a response. Don't really have the patience to try to call. Those phone things irritate me.
    That will be my last resort.

Phone
    Nexus 6 Sprint
    Tablet
    Nexus 7
    Member #
    Update 12-17-14: Sprint is useless. I have gone to the Sprint store, called Sprint and gone to the SprintCare (laughable) forum. Many people are experiencing the same issue. Sprint has no answers and won't even acknowledge the issues. I was hoping someone here may have more info. How about those of you whose phone is working properly, what carrier do you use. It may be time to switch. I can't wait forever for Sprint to figure it out.

Member #
    Liked
    251 times
    Sorry that your still having issues. I can imagine it is very frustrating! I am in Canada so can't help on the carrier.

Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    766 times
    I don't see where you tried a factory reset. That's first thing that customer support for any phone will have you do as a form of diagnostic.
    Note that this action can delete all user documents, media, photos, etc, so backing up to your PC or the "cloud" before you do it would be prudent.
    Do not allow the PlayStore to automatically restore all of your apps. Run with only the factory stuff for a while to see if the issues reoccur. Manually reinstall one at a time to see if any triggers the issues.

Otherwise, either hold Sprint's feet to the fire until they fix it or switch to a more responsive carrier.
    JimTDI likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links