Member #

System UI Stops Working After 5.1.1 Update

my old HTC One S finally broke down for good and upgraded to the Nexus 6, which arrived today. after initial setup with new SIM, importing apps from old phone, etc. i started the 5.1 update, which was recommended by some users to improve performance issues. afterwards, noticing the 5.1.1 upgrade, i installed it to keep up-to-date.

immediately after optimizing all the apps after the first reboot, where my wallpaper should show, my phone shows being locked, completely black background and saying there's no SIM card. trying to bring the notification bar down, or unlocking the phone, results in an immediate "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped." the dialog box then disappears with both options greyed out, then the screen shuts off. the only thing i can do is hold down my standby button, then the box to power down shows up. nothing else is on this screen except for power down.

is this an issue with an app not being updated, with 5.1.1 itself? so far i've tried flashing 5.1 to my phone, but i can't do this without unlocking it, and i don't see a way to do that when i have no access to my settings.

Member #
    Liked
    251 times
    You can factory reset from the recovery menu...that should help you. Ensure you will cache and data.

Member #
    i've tried doing this, but with the same results. i never allowed oem unlock or usb debugging, i pretty much used it for an hour. installing apps and the system updates before the problem occurred.

also, earlier today i went to my carrier to see if they could fix/replace the phone, but their diagnostics tool says it has been rooted, which i hadn't any time to do.

i'm mainly just trying to find a way to factory reset with it still being locked, that's basically all that's preventing me from fixing it.

Member #
    Liked
    251 times
    Have you tried the wugfresh toolkit? You may be able to reflash the firmware using the 'won't boot/bootloop option. If the carrier is telling you it is rooted, you can check if your bootloder is unlocked when you boot into fastboot mode.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links