Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By thunderbolt_nick

Thread: Nexus 6P is a 6PAIN!

Member #

Angry Nexus 6P is a 6PAIN!

Hi Folks,
    I recently bought a Nexus 6p (Huwaei H1511), hoping for a smooth transition from Nexus 4!
    Alas, what a tragedy!
    All that Nexus family claims, NOTHING happens but adds more pain and frustration!
    1. Nexus 4 to 6P transfer of contacts, et al: Turn on the bluetooth, NFC, keep it back to back!
    All the junk from one's gmail contacts are transferred, but NOT the phone nos etc!
    2. Storage and USB of 6Pain!: Stinks, cannot see the Internal Storage when connected to a windows 10
    Dell inspiron 15R 7520 laptop, charges the phone, BUT says FOLDER EMPTY! Cannot see the Internal Storage on the windows browser!
    Cannot see the USB connectivity, FTP or MTP on the phone! Why do you tinker with basics??
    Does Google Expect ONLY NERDS buy THEIR SMART(stupid)phones?
    3. In twitter mode, 6PAIN sends you on a TIZZY!
    Different windows popup! IN one such window, twitter handle IDs do NOT open up, so you have to go back to
    another search screen to get the IDs & type it diligently!
    It does NOT show the no of characters too, so keep guessing you are closing in on max 140!
    4. The keyboard in twitter mode is so cluttered, you have to keep going back & forth after keying in every alpha or num!
    I need help seriously!
    Let me first KNOW how to transfer from 6PAIN to my windows 10 laptop; if it requires a driver, pl send me the URL too!
    One request to GOOGLE: Keep the SMARTPHONE simple when it comes to basics!
    Frustrated
    TN Parthasarathy

Phone
    Nexus 6
    Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    990 times
    Hi Sarathy,

Here's a guide that will help you to get your drivers working: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz6...xDeDhrSzg/view

In order to select PTP, or MTP, once you are connected, swipe down on your Notification Shade and select the card "USB for charging" - once selected you can change it to the option (MTP/PTP) that you want.

I don't have a 6P but is the Twitter client supplied by Google, or is it a 3rd Party application?

-Jim

Twitter
    nickburress2k2
    Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JimTDI View Post
    Hi Sarathy,

Here's a guide that will help you to get your drivers working: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz6...xDeDhrSzg/view

In order to select PTP, or MTP, once you are connected, swipe down on your Notification Shade and select the card "USB for charging" - once selected you can change it to the option (MTP/PTP) that you want.

I don't have a 6P but is the Twitter client supplied by Google, or is it a 3rd Party application?

-Jim
    Twitter is the normal Twitter Application from Google Plat not on the phone already. I'm not sure what is being described when 'Twitter mode' is mentioned. I just did a tweet and a search and the Google keyboard appears at normal size and easy to see. Take a screenshot of what you're talking about so we have a bit more information of what you're describing.

Those pop-ups BTW, that is what people asked for because they claimed Google didn't care for privacy so now there is 'specified permissions' that you have to accept on first launch of certain features like the camera or contacts. So you can yell at the other users for basically demanding Google do that. Apple does something similar so it's not going away no matter where you go. However, once you accept them, they should not pop up again.
    JimTDI likes this.
    ..::Devices::..
    Samsung Moment(Retired)
    HTC Thunderbolt (Retired)
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III - Rooted with Stock ROM (Retired)
    Nexus 7 (Gen 1) (Retired)
    Nexus 7 (Gen 2)- Back from ASUS with Stock with Lollipop 5.0.1!!!
    Verizon Moto X - Stock with KitKat 4.4.4!!!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links