Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: What's the best Nexus 7 Stylus?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    My girlfriend has the Targus stylus (http://www.amazon.com/Targus-Stylus-...pr_product_top) for her ipad and hasn't complained about it since I gave it to her in April. Its only 10 bucks, so even if it lasts 6 months it doesn't feel like a waste. She mostly uses it for Draw Something but occasionally uses it for general clicking and browsing.

It seems good the job, so that's the one I plan to get. I Can't comment on how precise it is for detailed paintings though

Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    I am waiting for a pair of these 4mm retractable styluses to arrive soon. I will post a review after I receive them.
    http://handstylus.com
    Rosalie likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Just got my Caseen Vibe stylus and am using it now. Did not realize it did not come with a cap to protect the tip. It clips on to my new SupCase just fine and will be fairly safe there. Works great with Swype keyboard. i am very pleased at the low angles that I can use it at and still work just as well. It is nice having the stylus in the sun as I had to put on sun screen and I would have had it all over the screen making the sun glare more noticeable. One more vote from me for using a stylus. UPDATE: Been writing in the sun some more here, and I don't know if it's the sun screen or not but the branding came right of the barrel of the stylus. Oh, well...Back to the sun...
    Last edited by Pallen; 07-29-2012 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Sun updates
    caseenBrandon likes this.
    History: 1996 Palm Pilot 1000, 2003 Palm Tungsten E2, On The Go with my neXus 7 from nexus7nexus10.com July 17, 2012 ~ Support developers and forum sponsors.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I made a little review on styli for N7 here Fine Oils: The Best Stylus, Period
    Rosalie likes this.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGH-I747) AT&T
    Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    211 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pallen View Post
    Just got my Caseen Vibe stylus and am using it now. Did not realize it did not come with a cap to protect the tip. It clips on to my new SupCase just fine and will be fairly safe there. Works great with Swype keyboard. i am very pleased at the low angles that I can use it at and still work just as well. It is nice having the stylus in the sun as I had to put on sun screen and I would have had it all over the screen making the sun glare more noticeable. One more vote from me for using a stylus. UPDATE: Been writing in the sun some more here, and I don't know if it's the sun screen or not but the branding came right of the barrel of the stylus. Oh, well...Back to the sun...
    Not very many of them come with covers for the tips. Wow, that sunscreen stuff could be used for paint remover. One day at the beach, knowing I was going to be there for a long time, I really slathered a lot of sunscreen on. It totally removed all of my nailpolish...not trace left. so yeah, I can see how it removed the letters off your stylus.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Check out Lunatik. Com. Just received stylus from them and so far I really like it. Especially good for drawing or sketching.
    Rosalie likes this.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGH-I747) AT&T
    Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    211 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrat982 View Post
    Check out Lunatik. Com. Just received stylus from them and so far I really like it. Especially good for drawing or sketching.
    I remember seeing that one.TikTok+LunaTik The creator of it also created a product that turned the ipod nano into a wristwatch. Both products were funded on Kickstarter, where they each broke records for amount of money raised among other things.

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Thank you both Skrat and Rosalie for sharing, What a wonderful idea for those needing to go back and forth from paper to tablet. The best of both worlds put together. I am also anxious to get Skydog's opinion of his HAND stylus' he is expecting.

If you need a specialty stylus here are some from Nomad Brush specific for doing artwork and Boxwave has a wide selection for different purposes.
    Last edited by Pallen; 07-29-2012 at 02:49 PM.
    Rosalie likes this.
    History: 1996 Palm Pilot 1000, 2003 Palm Tungsten E2, On The Go with my neXus 7 from nexus7nexus10.com July 17, 2012 ~ Support developers and forum sponsors.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I was initially a fan of microfiber/mesh styli (like the Caseen and NewTrent ones), but they're almost too smooth (and squishy.) My current stylus is the Kuel H12 with retractable tip. Reviews were full of people saying the 2 halves sprung apart. I think those users were just too rough closing the tip (if you keep screwing it in that direction, you start unthreading the 2 halves.) Or the threads got stripped somehow by not using care when putting it back together.

That being said, I've just ordered the Plai Estylo, thanks to a posting in another forum. Here's the website: Plai - The Official Website

This looks like a real winner for precision. Wedge-shaped tips that you can position so you can see the very small corner with which you're drawing/writing.
    Rosalie likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    The Plai Estylo wooden styli looks intriguing, like getting back to wooden pencil tech but for the modern age. I look forward to your review. If the price is reasonable I may have to try one. EDIT: Found out the price; "The black magnetic Estylo costs $20 plus $5 for worldwide shipping"
    The Kuel H12 Stylus Pen looks like it would help protects its silicon coated tip.
    Here is a link to Newtrent retractable micro knit styli currently for 9 to 11 bucks. One has a writing tip for paper note taking.
    Last edited by Pallen; 08-04-2012 at 07:02 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Ads