Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: What's the best Nexus 7 Stylus?

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Here are *some* - well, okay, most - of my styluses, working downwards from the right in terms of usability/handiness. And I'm *still* looking for the perfect one!

For the record, the 3M silver stylus has the best capacitative tip I found so far - but no pen attachment.

Name:  IMG_20120820_194800.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  173.9 KB

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pstjmack View Post
    Here are *some* - well, okay, most - of my styluses, working downwards from the right in terms of usability/handiness. And I'm *still* looking for the perfect one! For the record, the 3M silver stylus has the best capacitative tip I found so far - but no pen attachment.
    I have a challenge for you. Working downwards from the right in terms of usability/handiness what models are they and what 1-10 rating would you give each.
    History: 1996 Palm Pilot 1000, 2003 Palm Tungsten E2, On The Go with my neXus 7 from nexus7nexus10.com July 17, 2012 ~ Support developers and forum sponsors.

Senior Member mountainbikermark's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    68 times

re: What's the best Nexus 7 Stylus?

I use an ifarady Firestick and a Newtrent Limer . I carry them in the very case so I really don't need retractable.
    The Limer is more practical because it has a ball point pen making it so I don't need to carry but one utensil but the Firestick works better on the Fire and Rezound. They work virtually the same on the Tab and Nexus.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I hope you're not taking the piss. Ok, as best as I can remember, starting from the right:

ZToss, bought in Malaysia, comes with two extra mini stylus heads (the pink one in the middle): 8/10
    iJustine, bought in Singapore: 7/10
    3M: 7/10 (9 for the quality of the head, but minus points for having no pen)
    Not sure, bought in Hong Kong: 7/10 (9 for the quality of the head, but minus points for having no pen)
    Improvised off a no-brand Chinese laser pointer model stuck on a freebie pen: 7/10
    No-brand Chinese pen: 6/10
    ZToss extra stylus head on a ballpen: 6/10 (higher if I could find a more solid mounting)
    Stabilo: 6/10 (stuck a stylus tip from another brand over the end, the original was even worse)
    Brush tip from a corporate freebie stuck into a Pogo barrel: 6/10
    No-brand Chinese model: 5/10

I've been dying to try the brush-style ones as I think these would suit HWR best. Sadly, they're not available in Hungary yet.

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Thank you pstjmack, I can see I really put your brain to the test.

It really is amazing how many stylus makers are out there, just like pen makers I guess. Styli are just like pens you get a whole collection until you find the tip AND barrel combination you like. But since they cost a bit more one likes to find one they like before one has collections in multiple locations.

I do not write on paper much anymore and i have plenty of pens for that, My main criteria for a stylus is longevity and a decent length like a real pen. I use Casseen Long's but I imagine there are other full length styli out there ...
    caseenBrandon likes this.
    History: 1996 Palm Pilot 1000, 2003 Palm Tungsten E2, On The Go with my neXus 7 from nexus7nexus10.com July 17, 2012 ~ Support developers and forum sponsors.

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pstjmack View Post
    I hope you're not taking the piss. Ok, as best as I can remember, starting from the right:

ZToss, bought in Malaysia, comes with two extra mini stylus heads (the pink one in the middle): 8/10
    iJustine, bought in Singapore: 7/10
    3M: 7/10 (9 for the quality of the head, but minus points for having no pen)
    Not sure, bought in Hong Kong: 7/10 (9 for the quality of the head, but minus points for having no pen)
    Improvised off a no-brand Chinese laser pointer model stuck on a freebie pen: 7/10
    No-brand Chinese pen: 6/10
    ZToss extra stylus head on a ballpen: 6/10 (higher if I could find a more solid mounting)
    Stabilo: 6/10 (stuck a stylus tip from another brand over the end, the original was even worse)
    Brush tip from a corporate freebie stuck into a Pogo barrel: 6/10
    No-brand Chinese model: 5/10

I've been dying to try the brush-style ones as I think these would suit HWR best. Sadly, they're not available in Hungary yet.
    NICE REVIEWS. PM your address so I can send you one of our VIBE series, and see how you like it. I believe it'll make you smile. I hope I can get above that 7/10. Let me know!
    Pallen likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    mountainbikermark likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    115 times

HAND Stylus arriving soon

UPDATE: I received an email that Kickstarter orders are shipping starting this week (8/27) so i expect to have mine in hand soon. I will post my review as soon as I receive them.

HAND Stylus - A finely crafted, pen-like stylus.

Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    SECOND UPDATE: My pair of HAND Styluses just arrived and so far I am very impressed! I am going to spend more time with them today and will post a more detailed review a bit later.
    Pallen likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I got a Caseen Vibe Long stylus from the kind guys at Caseen, and I have to say that it's displaced the 3M stylus as the best capacitive screen stylus I've used. Its fabric ball tip looks a little odd at first (and don't push it against Velcro), but is definitely firm and keeps its shape, and works wonderfully on the screen, enabling finer lines and a lighter touch than any other tip I've tried. The ball shape also allows me to hold the stylus at a shallow angle. Its only vice as far as I'm concerned is that it doesn't have a ballpoint pen attached, so I'm probably going to try to hack some crazy spatchcock solution and jam it into a pen barrel, but for rapid, smooth, error-free writing and marking on touchscreens, you couldn't do better.
    caseenBrandon likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Ads