Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Replacement Charging Cable

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Replacement Charging Cable

I have a Nexus 7 2nd Gen and I want to get replacement charging cable that's at least 6 feet long.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Phone
    Nexus 6
    Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    990 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ddouglas View Post
    I have a Nexus 7 2nd Gen and I want to get replacement charging cable that's at least 6 feet long.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
    ddouglas - welcome, we're glad to have you here! I've had very good luck with a place called ExcaliberPC - have bought additional chargers for both my Nexus 7 and my Transformer from them. They're honest - and they'll even take the time to answer all your questions on the phone (like cable length, etc.)

Here's a link to their charger that might work for you: ASUS 18W AC Adapter w / USB Connector Cable for Nexus 7 / ME301T / ME400C / TF600T / TF810C. ASUS 90XB007P-MPW010

Another option is to buy a 6 foot or longer USB3 cable (make sure it's a USB3!) and place it between the charger wall wart, and the existing cable you now have.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JimTDI View Post
    ddouglas - welcome, we're glad to have you here! I've had very good luck with a place called ExcaliberPC - have bought additional chargers for both my Nexus 7 and my Transformer from them. They're honest - and they'll even take the time to answer all your questions on the phone (like cable length, etc.)

Here's a link to their charger that might work for you: ASUS 18W AC Adapter w / USB Connector Cable for Nexus 7 / ME301T / ME400C / TF600T / TF810C. ASUS 90XB007P-MPW010

Another option is to buy a 6 foot or longer USB3 cable (make sure it's a USB3!) and place it between the charger wall wart, and the existing cable you now have.
    Thanks for the welcome and your speedy reply

I neglected to mention in my original post that I want a micro usb cable that will play nice with the Google Nexus charger. Why do you suggest that I get a USB 3.0 cable as an option?

Phone
    Nexus 6
    Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    990 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ddouglas View Post
    Thanks for the welcome and your speedy reply

I neglected to mention in my original post that I want a micro usb cable that will play nice with the Google Nexus charger. Why do you suggest that I get a USB 3.0 cable as an option?
    In the case of my Nexus 7 - the wall wart has a unpluggable cable at the brick side. If you plug a USB 3 cable into the brick, then take the cable that would normally fit into the brick into the other end of the USB3 cable, you will have extra length, and then the micro USB to plug into your Nexus 7. The USB 3 cable acts like an extension cable. If your current cable is molded into the power brick, and unpluggable, then this option won't work for you. But if ExcaliberPC doesn't have what you need, I'd be very surprised!

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JimTDI View Post
    In the case of my Nexus 7 - the wall wart has a unpluggable cable at the brick side. If you plug a USB 3 cable into the brick, then take the cable that would normally fit into the brick into the other end of the USB3 cable, you will have extra length, and then the micro USB to plug into your Nexus 7. The USB 3 cable acts like an extension cable. If your current cable is molded into the power brick, and unpluggable, then this option won't work for you. But if ExcaliberPC doesn't have what you need, I'd be very surprised!
    Thanks for the advice, but your option won't work with my charger. A basic micro usb 2.0 charging cable should be sufficient for me.

Based on the reviews that I've read at Amazon.com, micro usb 2.0 charging cables have a relatively high rate of failure. Therefore, I just bought an inexpensive one on eBay and have my fingers crossed

Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambimom View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation. The cable got stellar reviews. I also love the fact that they're backed with a warranty

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    The male "A" end of the cable that I bought off eBay doesn't fit into my charger. SMH

I ordered the Monoprice premium cable. I hope it fits

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I'm curious...did it work?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrid View Post
    I'm curious...did it work?
    I'm still waiting for the Monoprice cable to arrive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast