• 2 Post By Astrix

Thread: 13 New features of Android 4.1 Jelly Beans You Should Check

Member #
    Liked
    103 times

13 New features of Android 4.1 Jelly Beans You Should Check

Android 4.1 Jelly Beans
    13 New features

Android version 4.1 finally stepped in during Google I/O even at San Francisco where Director of Product Management Hugo Barra detailed Jelly Bean’s. And guess what Google doesn’t forget to name its operating system in alphabetical order. As we already have Android versions in alphabetical order – C (Cupcake), D (Donut), E (Eclair), F (Froyo), G (Gingerbread), H (Honeycomb), (Ice Cream Sandwich) was current version and J (Jelly Bean) which is the latest version Android OS.

Android 4.1, Jelly Bean, is the fastest and smoothest version of Android yet. Jelly Bean improves on the simplicity and beauty of Android 4.0, and introduces a new Google search experience on Android. According to designer Bob Freking, designer of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean interface states that jelly bean has a number of valuable features which make him superior in comparison to Ice Cream Sandwich. He also said that this android version will also have support for netbooks and also dual boot functionality. On the other hand OS marks its debut by powering Google’s upcoming tablet called Nexus 7. Apart from them some other android Smartphone’s like Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Xoom and Nexus S will automatically get updated by mid of July.

Ok lets we cut this chat here and come to our topic on which this whole article is based i.e Features of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Its in the news that that jelly Bean has more delicious features in comparison to Ice Cream Sandwich. Let we have looked at some of the best features of Android 4.1 which are listed below :

1. Google Now

Google now is one of the best features of jelly bean which provides you correct information before you ask. This feature will surely give a look of real search experience with a new look, feel, more faster and natural voice search. Suppose you activated this feature and you will say traffic it will show your route which has very less traffic. Also it will show your score of your favourite team automatically.

It is also called as named as Google Representative for Siri. You might love to check below video to know how exactly Google Now Works : VIDEO

2. Offline voice typing

Now this feature will really going to be gifts for those users who live in areas with very low internet connectivity. In this voice dictation feature in Jelly bean no longer need to have internet connectivity means offline voice typing. To overcome this now this feature whole process will totally work on Google servers.

Offline voice typing feature will only available for US English but the company assures users that soon they will add more languages.

Bravo Google !!

3. Improvements to Android Beam

This feature works on principle of wireless technology called near-field communications. Under this features user will be able to share photos by tapping two phones together. Previous version of Android Ice Cream Sandwich also supports this feature to some extent but at very limited scale. Presently Samsung galaxy i9300 S3 is only android Smartphone which has full support for this feature and expected for more soon.

4. Faster, smoother, more responsive

Apart from all above discussed features, Engineers make the whole user interface more faster, Smoother and more responsive in comparison to Ice Cream Sandwich. The company has improved the system frame rate and made it consistent at 60fps. Scrolling, paging and animations become smoother as experienced in Android 4.0.

You might love to check below video to make conclusion about is the Google mission knows as Project Butter accomplished on not :

5. Expandable notifications

Notifications play an important role in every Android Smartphone and with this android OS notification become more expendable. Now Android apps can now display larger, richer notifications to users that can be expanded and collapsed with a pinch. This feature includes notification support for photos and content with more multiple actions.

6. Amazing Keyboard

Now with Jelly Bean you get an adaptive keyboard which lets you get started just by typing a word or two, and then based on what you’ve said, Android makes a few educated guesses on what your next word will be and offers them up as options before you’ve even started typing the next few words.

7. Jelly Bean camera app

This is amazing features of this Jelly Bean which will provide a real experience of capturing snapshots. By using this camera app users will able to swipe for a quick preview of the last photo taken. Also you can swipe to see all photos and pinch to shrink the gallery into a film strip UI .Now this feature will surely help users navigate to the right image quickly.

Bravo Google !!

8. Jelly Bean is quick and saves battery

According to Engineer jelly bean is Quick and battery saver. Using Touch Input Boost, Android 4.1 boosts the CPU so that loading times are faster, and therefore uses less battery power.

9. Google Play Apps Updates

According to the latest update Google Play apps updates going to be smarter on the device to jelly bean. In this instead of download and installing whole file app only install changes element of app which make them 66% smaller.

Cool really like that feature : -)

10. Cool HomeScreen Feature

Home Screen is sole of every Smartphone and if we ignore homescreen it would be unfair but thankfully now apps also move around when resizing widgets.

11.Include Arabic font, and 18 new languages

This might be great news for users who still didn’t get language support. With this update Android OS includes Arabic font, and 18 new languages Persian, Hindi and Thai under his hood. Gesture support will surely help to improve blind users in using Smartphone with jelly bean 4.1 .

12. Resizable app widgets

Android 4.1 introduces improved App Widgets that can automatically resize, based on where the user drops them on the home screen, the size to which the user expands them, and the amount of room available on the home screen.

13. Google Cloud Messaging for Android

Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) is a service that lets developers send short message data to their users on Android devices, without needing a proprietary sync solution. This feature will handle the details of queuing messages and delivering them efficiently to the targeted Android devices. Using this service can send up to 4K of data.

So these are best and delicious features of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean but not the full features and if you need a list of full features then you might love to Developer. Android Page for Jelly Bean

Now it’s your turn to answer my some questions whether you like all these features of Jelly Bean or Not ? If yes then which are they ? Is Google now is a great Google Representative for Siri ?

Source: NerdMagazine
    Last edited by Astrix; 07-03-2012 at 12:41 AM.
    JSM9872 and fnmetal like this.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Wow grt information...

Tablet
    Nexus 7
    Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Yea those are some cool features I love using google now (better than siri)IMHO thanx for sharing

Twitter
    still_smoking
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    thanks for the recap, can't wait to get using it.

Twitter
    NealJ
    Member #
    Liked
    240 times
    Me wants JB on my Razr! I really want to be able to use "Google Now".

I'm not eligible for an upgrade until Summer 2013, so I'll just wait for "Key Lime Pie" or whatever is out at that time.
    Neal
    <><

My Blog

Tablet
    Nexus 7
    Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NealJ777 View Post
    Me wants JB on my Razr! I really want to be able to use "Google Now".

I'm not eligible for an upgrade until Summer 2013, so I'll just wait for "Key Lime Pie" or whatever is out at that time.
    Wait there might be jb roms for your razr

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    battery saver sounds nice

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Nice list, but I count just 12 things. #10 and #12 appear to be the same thing to me unless someone wants to clarify #10.

Any new useful feature added to the tablet is great. It'll be interesting if any of them becomes the absolute must-have feature for all devices in the future. I put WiFi/Internet access down as one of those things. I remember the Zune HD, a great device with WiFi, but very limited uses for it. Even when they eventually added an email app it was crippled/limited to the account types it could access.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I'm looking foward to exploring all the new features once my tablet arrives...
    Don't try to Run! You'll only Die Tired...
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Rooted, Unlocked and Rockin' some AOKP Goodness... Milestone 6
    Lean Kernel and COBALT!

Nexus 7, Unlocked, Rooted and ready... running AOKP B1, mmmmmm, Butter.

Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Excited about google now and its context sensitive content...but wonder howuch battery life hit it might take
    Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes.....that way if they get mad, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links