Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Poor positioning of earphone jack

Member #

Poor positioning of earphone jack

It is impossible rest the device properly when a headphone is plugged in. The only way to do this is to turn the device upside down.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    To each their own I guess. I'm listening to my play music and posting this and I'm not having any problems with it.

Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    For how I hold a device the headphone jack could not have been positioned any better.

Member #
    Liked
    216 times
    Yah I kinda agree with that. I think maybe the port would have been better at the top.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyAngler View Post
    Yah I kinda agree with that. I think maybe the port would have been better at the top.
    Well, if you go into landscape mode, which youll do very often, you'd have wires coming from both ends of the device if you were charging and listening through headphones.

Idk lol

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Well, if you go into landscape mode, which youll do very often, you'd have wires coming from both ends of the device if you were charging and listening through headphones.

Idk lol
    But how often you charge while holding the device so 'intimately'? It has such great battery life and I have been charging it only while I am asleep.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I prefer headphones on top too, on the right side, so that when I watch videos the headphone jack is on the upper corner, not the lower corner, which is very annoying when holding the device with two hands, because the headphone cable, if plugged in, is then located where I hold the device. Another nice headphone jack position is the unconventional one used by the Blackberry Playbook, where the jack is on the longer side, the one that is "up" when held in landscape mode, all the way to the right. Again, for viewing videos with the headphone in, it is perfectly placed not to interfere with how the device is held.

It is amazing how such a simple matter seems not to make a consensus from device designers as I've seen jacks placed nearly everywhere on such devices. You'd figure that they would have found the optimal place for it now.
    Pallen likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    216 times
    True^^^
    I'm at the Dallas airport charging in the Samsung lounge. Very cool comfy chairs with blue mood lighting.
    I wish the plane seats were this comfortable. I would like to just stay here please. I have everything right here! Rofl

Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mapexvenus View Post
    But how often you charge while holding the device so 'intimately'? It has such great battery life and I have been charging it only while I am asleep.
    In my case, constantly. Earphones with an L-shaped jack help, or rotate it 180 — which is fine until you have to hit the home button, and home screen is upside down. I hope Google will fix this quirk in a future release of Android.

Member #
    Liked
    88 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post

Idk lol
    Well if they get a dock, soon that would change correct?
    If life gives you lemons, you make lemonade - but what about when life gives you lime?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links