Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By VoiceGuy

Thread: OTG To Seagate 1TB, SanDisk Flash Drive, All-In-One USB Mini SanDisk SD Card

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

OTG To Seagate 1TB, SanDisk Flash Drive, All-In-One USB Mini SanDisk SD Card

I have tried Titanium backup pro, TWRP pro, OTG Helper, usb stick plus, ASTRO File manager, SuperSU, Busy box, all report working correctly. I am able to get to usbstorages/sda but not the structure on the device or SD card. Help

Phone
    Nexus 6
    Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    990 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynndel View Post
    I have tried Titanium backup pro, TWRP pro, OTG Helper, usb stick plus, ASTRO File manager, SuperSU, Busy box, all report working correctly. I am able to get to usbstorages/sda but not the structure on the device or SD card. Help
    Hi Lynndel!

Are you using just an OTG cable and just trying to connect to your USB devices directly without an interface program? I highly recommend a program called Nexus Media Importer (it's $3.99 in Google Play) but first, try with a program (free) called "Nexus Photo Viewer" - it's by the same author and uses the same algorithm to connect to your OTG devices. That way you can test and make sure it will work before you spend the $3.99. You can read more on Google Play in the description of the Nexus Media Importer program. He also lists some links for how-to videos that may help you. Another thing I have discovered, is not all OTG cables are created equal. I highly recommend the BobjGear Micro USB-OTG Adapter.

http://www.amazon.com/BobjGear-Highe...G8W/ref=sr_1_2

It's $5.75 only - so if you need something else to drop in your shopping cart, check this out too!

http://www.amazon.com/BobjGear-Adapt...xgy_147_text_y

I realize the cable pack (2nd link) comes with an OTG cable - but the right-angle design of the first link will save wear and tear on your tablets USB port. These are top quality cables, not cheap stuff.

Good luck!

-Jim

Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    I use StickMount and ES File Explorer. In it there is a usbStorage folder which is the attached drive. My N7 is the 2013 model and I'm running the most recent versions of cleanRom and ElementalX kernel.
    JimTDI likes this.
    When I'm not hanging out here or in the sister S3 forum I'm blogging at http://www.faithfamilyandtechnology.com/

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links