Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Garemlin
  • 1 Post By trainwrekk
  • 1 Post By LadyAngler

Thread: App suggestion and other questions..

Member #
    Liked
    9 times

Question App suggestion and other questions..

Well, I just picked up my N7 and want some advice regarding pixel tests. I have the tablet charging at the moment, however I would like to know if anyone can suggest a pixel testing app that works properly if any do. Can I recognize any type of bad pixels with my eyes or would an app be the best way to go? Also, I use a simple battery app (simply tells battery percentage, nothing that claims to 'save my battery') and it provides a temp for the device as well.. What is a safe running temperature while in use? I noticed my Galaxy Player would run at 35 degrees Celsius at a max and this did not happen a lot at all, maybe 3 times during ownership.. I am still pretty much new to this type of stuff so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Any tips/suggestions/things to look out for that could help me get the most out of my new tablet and make sure things are running properly would be great..

Twitter
    garemlin
    Member #
    Liked
    674 times
    Some dead or stuck pixels will be very easy to spot. Some almost impossible. There are several free apps that can test for dead pixels. Well they don't really test. They just flash full screen colors that make it easy to spot a bad pixel. Just do a market search for pixel test and pick one.
    MadMoxxi likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    If you don't want to download an app, you can use this website. You should be able to see any dead or stuck pixels. A dead pixel will be a tiny black dot. Any stuck pixels will appear either red, green, or blue. You'll be able to see them by using the three background colors (blue background = easier to see red or green pixels, red background = easier to see blue or green, etc.)

If you'd rather have an app, any will do. You just need something that will show you a full screen of a solid red, blue, green, and white.
    MadMoxxi likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    216 times
    Congratulations on your purchase moxxi!

I see you're another goody-two-shoes that charges your device before playing with it! Rofl jk
    That IS a good thing to do for sure...I'm just not disciplined enough I guess.lol

Not sure the best answer to your questions so I will leave those for others to chime in and answer.

Glad to have you onboard though.
    Last edited by LadyAngler; 07-30-2012 at 12:53 PM.
    MadMoxxi likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyAngler View Post
    Congratulations on your purchase moxxi!

I see you're another goody-two-shoes that charges your device before playing with it! Rofl jk
    That IS a good thing to do for sure...I'm just not disciplined enough I guess.lol

Not sure the best answer to your questions so I will leave those for others to chime in and answer.

Glad to have you onboard though.
    Believe me, it took me all I could to keep from turning it on and playing with it a bit before charging.. I figured I could keep myself busy with work for a little bit to keep my mind off of it, haha.

Thanks for the suggestions thus far. I do appreciate it! Any thoughts on the proper or 'safe' battery temperature from anyone?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    It's interesting that the booklet dealing with first using the Nexus says nothing about fully charging first.

Member #
    Liked
    216 times
    It does say "it's a good idea to fully charge the battery" on page 2 of the nexus guidebook that's in Google play books.
    Everyone always says to...I just never can.lol

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    This is an old trick for dead pixels so I don't know if it works on tablets.

Find the dead pixel/take an eraser on the end of a pencil/ hold it on the dead pixel and reboot.
    This method was used several years ago on laptops for activating dead pixels.
    Not a guarantee but it worked on my laptop.
    Dennis

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links