Member #

How do you deleat unwanted photos on the nexus 7 gallery.?

Having searched the internet forums on this topic I have not found any successful method to get rid of unwanted Gallery photos.There does not seem to be a 'Trash can' option if you hold down on the unwanted photo.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Last edited by Mutt; 04-01-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rob1n View Post
    Having searched the internet forums on this topic I have not found any successful method to get rid of unwanted Gallery photos.There does not seem to be a 'Trash can' option if you hold down on the unwanted photo.
    The trash can only shows up for images stored in DCIM folder (wallpapers, screenshots, camera pics). I think you have the problem that the photos are connected to Google+/Picassa through instant upload. Look at your photos on your Google page and if you see them there, that's the problem. You can delete them there, but that didn't remove them from my tablet (having root could be my problem)--despite syncing my Google account. I read this--look for #14. However, the only thing that worked for me was removing my google account then adding it again. All pictures where gone but remained in my google account--except for the ones I had already deleted through google online. I'm still working on how to do this efficiently so if no one else gives better info, I will try to get back. I'm going to put the next photo from an outside source into the DCIM folder to see if that helps. I will also disable photo upload in google+. Two years and 7 android devices from donut up and this is a new one for me.

EDIT: I put my photos back on my N7 (took them from my Galaxy Nexus but I did use the PC to wirelessly move from one device to another. NFC was buzzing but couldn't see anything as a result of that attempt. I put the photos in my DCIM folder and now they have the trash opportunity. Before I did this, I turned off "Instant Upload" in google+ settings. As soon as I enabled "Instant Upload," the photos reappeared in an Instant Upload album. This time when I used the Picassa tool, I was able to "trash" them and they were removed in Gallery.
    Briefly:
    If pics you're trying to delete are in "Instant Upload" album in Gallery, download/install Picassa Tool--free version.
    Open the Picassa Tool and scroll over to photo panel.
    Choose "Instant Upload" album.
    Press/Select pic/s you wish to delete. A trash can appears in notification area (I'm running tablet dpi so mine might be different from yours).
    Click the trash can and you will get a verification message. Click "yes" of course.
    Go back to "Instant Upload" album in Gallery and the photo should be gone. If not, go through the remove account and restore it or possibly simply clear the cache and data on the google+ app.
    Last edited by ritchea; 11-06-2012 at 04:01 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Last edited by Mutt; 04-01-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Ads