Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: stuck on "no command"

Member #

stuck on "no command"

Hi.
    Hope someone here could help me.
    I was using my nexus 7 when suddenly it started slowing down. I thought to myself why not reboot it because this always help in everything. but instead of going into the X screen and then onwards it got into a loop showing a dead android with "no command" written beneath him.
    The nexus was unrooted, unlocked, unanything. was with the latest OTA updates and was working fine until that day.
    I searched the web for a solution and only came to the one offering using the Nexus toolkit. But it won't work because it won't unlock it (it takes me to the screen but when it is supposed to reboot it, it just shuts down and never starts (I gave it over an hour to do anything but nothing happened).
    I can't even do a factory reset because when I choose it it sais it is starting but gets stuck.

any ideas? or is it dead as dead can be?

thanks in advance

Member #
    sorry. It was unrooted, locked, not in debug mode.
    I tried unlocking with no luck.
    I tried flash stock+unroot and it wasn't able to send 'bootloader' because it's locked...

Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    671 times
    Did you try the method here?http://www.nexus7nexus10.com/forum/n...e-windows.html

Once you have the adb drivers installed and you're sure its working, the the first thing would be to unlock the bootloader. When to the point of having the command window open.....

Type fastboot oem unlock

Then follow from there.
    Last edited by danvee; 08-17-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    671 times

Member #
    the unlocking part is the problem. wahtever drivers i tried (official, pdanet, samsung, etc...) i can't unlock. it put the tablet into the screen that let me proceed or stop. i try to proceed and the PC cmd writes that it failed due to an unknown error code.

Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    671 times
    Then, I hope that you're under warranty...
    Repairing an OOW N7 2012 will probably cost more than you could buy them new with warranty with the new lower pricing.

Member #
    it is not... that is why i try hard to fix it.
    i have it just over a year. if i won't fix it myself i would not buy a nexus anymore. these last few days of searching for a solution just revealed to me how bad the build is. I rather pay more and get something that works more than a year.

Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    671 times
    Don't be disappointed when you see that there few devices, i-ones included, that don't have their share of issues reported.
    Yours is the first case that I've seen that throw the 'unknown' error.
    You might want to try a different computer, possibly with a different OS.
    There are also different driver packages out there, any one of which may just 'click'.

Over two dozen personal experiences in fixing an N7 that 'couldn't be fixed'. The Nexus series are about impossible to hard brick.
    Obviously, a hardware issue (bad memory bad board) could do that, but I've only seen and verified one case of that, and can't remember reading about many others.

With about 2.6 million N7s sold through 2012 with totals of possibly 4.5 million as of now, if we figure on a .5% failure rate (which is considered 'good' by many manufacturers) that gives the possibility of 22,500 units that would fail in the first year.
    (I'm not counting screen lift as a failure, as it's more cosmetic than functional, and was an assembly issue rather than a component failure)

No comfort in that, but it's worth noting that in appealing to ASUS if you decide to try to get them to cover it under warranty (which I personally would try).... They just might....timing is everything. The longer you wait, the more out of warranty you get.
    Also note that some credit cards extend your warranty. If you paid with one, that's an Avenue worth pursuing.
    Last edited by danvee; 08-17-2013 at 01:56 PM.

Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    671 times
    Another point of leverage with them would be explaining that the issue didn't happen until after their update which was pushed out to you.
    Even out of warranty from a time standpoint, they should take responsibility for issues caused by a software update that came from them directly...

Just a thought.

Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    671 times

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Ads