Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By billp
  • 1 Post By Mujibar

Thread: In today's mail I got an OfficeMax bag for 20% off, "Including tablets and e-readers"

Member #
    Liked
    57 times

In today's mail I got an OfficeMax bag for 20% off, "Including tablets and e-readers"

Unlike this week's coupon, this bag's fine print does NOT exclude the new Nexus 7! So without any more thought, I dashed down to the local OM a mile away. They're out of stock, as is the whole district.

Best Buy is a ways away, so I called first to see if they'd honor the coupon. The girl said their policy allows matching prices but not coupons, leaving me wondering about one guy's story on XDA.

I called the local Staples, who said they'd be happy to take a look at the coupon. When I got down there, the manager said they can't honor it, because it's a bag, not a coupon. Nice weaseling out! They had some in stock, too, so hey, if they don't want to sell one today...

And two weeks after the official release, the local Office Depot hasn't received any yet and doesn't know when they will.

Sigh...

Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    766 times
    Will they issue a rain check under the circumstances?

Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    I haven't asked yet, but I will Saturday if they don't have any more shipments. In the last couple of days I've been irritated enough and need to treat myself.

Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Yesterday I returned my 16GB Nexus 7 and purchased the 32GB version from Best Buy. Today I received the OfficeMax bag with the 20% discount coupon. I called the nearest OfficeMax and they had two 32GB units in stock. Instead of taking the chance that OfficeMax would be out of stock by the time I made the half hour drive to Best Buy, I drove to OfficeMax and purchased a 32GB Nexus 7 for $215.99. Then I drove to Best Buy, showed them the receipt from OfficeMax, and they adjusted the price I paid yesterday. Tomorrow I will return the unopened Nexus 7 to OfficeMax. A lot of driving but I saved $58.32, including sales tax, so it was worth the time and gas.
    Rosalie likes this.
    Samsung Galaxy Note II

Member #
    Liked
    356 times
    Nice! I got the same deal with an OfficeMax coupon last week. Returned my first N7 FHD to Best Buy.
    Rosalie likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    So far every OM along the Wasatch Front has been sold out, and the coupon is in-store only.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I was able to use an Office Max coupon earlier this month. It expired on August 10th and definitely included tablets. I kept getting different stories from the stores about whether they would honor the coupon or not. My local Staples was willing, but only had 16gb tablets in stock and I wanted 32gb. I finally ended up driving over 30 miles to an Office Depot. They had one in stock. The closer-in Office Depots were either out of stock or would not honor the coupon. So I got my 32gb Nexus 7 for about $225. After making sure it worked ok, I ran back to Best Buy and got a refund on the tablet I bought in late July.

I would rather buy from Office Depot anyway. Best Buy required information from my driver's license before they would refund my money. Reminded me once again of why I want to avoid Best Buy when I want to buy electronics. I'd forgtten how much I dislike their tracking policy.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links