Thread: Nexus 7 FHD - Recent Apps Menu

Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Nexus 7 FHD - Recent Apps Menu

Hello everyone,

I apologize if this is in the wrong place or if this question has already been asked (I tried searching)...please politely provide the link to where I can find my answer...

Since I've had my Nexus 7 FHD, I'm used to there being a "Kill Apps" under the Recent Apps menu (and the option to put one there if I want to under the Settings). Well, since its not there I downloaded a Task Killer/App Killer and although it "says" it killed my background running apps, I'll check my Recent Apps menu and... there all still there! Does the apps sitting my in Recent Apps menu kill my battery? Is this a new thing with the Android 4.3? Now I have to swipe away every recent app I opened even if I have made sure to "exit" the app.

Can someone kindly explain what is happening here. At this point, I'm starting to think the "Task Killer/App Killer" I downloaded is worthless.

Thanks everyone!

Tablet
    Nexus 7
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bonbon916 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I apologize if this is in the wrong place or if this question has already been asked (I tried searching)...please politely provide the link to where I can find my answer...

Since I've had my Nexus 7 FHD, I'm used to there being a "Kill Apps" under the Recent Apps menu (and the option to put one there if I want to under the Settings). Well, since its not there I downloaded a Task Killer/App Killer and although it "says" it killed my background running apps, I'll check my Recent Apps menu and... there all still there! Does the apps sitting my in Recent Apps menu kill my battery? Is this a new thing with the Android 4.3? Now I have to swipe away every recent app I opened even if I have made sure to "exit" the app.

Can someone kindly explain what is happening here. At this point, I'm starting to think the "Task Killer/App Killer" I downloaded is worthless.

Thanks everyone!
    We are always polite here. Seriously, we are.

I don't know what FHD is but I do know what you are talking about.

You don't need a task killer, in fact you shouldn't be using one. Android handles that very well. (The same goes for any kind of memory 'manager'.

Being in the recents menu does not mean it is using battery. Or is using so little to not matter. And there are better ways to see what is using the battery, and better ways to manage that.

Get something like Better Battery Stats and use that to see what apps are using the battery the most and if any of them are keeping are not letting the phone sleep, what are called partial wake locks.

But chances are your device is working fine. But if there are problems solve them before going to something like the apps below.

Here are two that can help extend battery and are popular and actually do something that helps.

The first one is Greenify. It keeps apps from waking up except with you want to use them. For instance I use it to stop Maps and Facebook from waking up unless I have started them.

The other one I just started using today is Deep Sleep Battery Saver. It keeps your phone in deep sleep whole the screen is off, waking up from time to time to let get updates, new messages, etc.

I don't know of there is a way to get Kill All actually in the recents menu unless it's baked into a custom ROM. Of course you can just swipe them away. Which only takes a couple of seconds.

Feel free to ask more about any of this.
    Mujibar, bonbon916 and Bigherb like this.
    Note 2 - Nexus 7 2013/2012 - Player 5.0 - Charge - Fascinate
    Confusing people one post at a time

Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    766 times
    Fwiw, FHD is Amazon.com's designation to separate the N7 2013 from the N7 2012.
    I figure it means Full HD. (as in display)
    ezas likes this.

Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank you to both of you. Very, very, very much. Ezas, you explained it very well and thank you. BTW, I'm from Sacramento, CA as well!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links