Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Got my 2013 N7 , couple Questions...

Member #
    Liked
    29 times

Cool Got my 2013 N7 , couple Questions...

Hello all. Got my Nexus 7 (2013) yesterday to replace my first gen... So far I am blown away by this thing! The high resolution screen on this tablet is amazing!! I have the Droid DNA as my phone and the screen on that is also very high density but the Nexus 7 is on par with that... This is the highest pixel density I have ever seen on a smart device besides my DNA and my plan is to use this tablet as my only tablet from now on. The battery life also seems like it was much improved too. The original N7 was pretty zippy with most tasks so it's hard to tell if the S4 pro made an improvement there but I can't complain. (Maybe when I start playing some games it will show.) So far have just loaded Kindle app, Nook, Pulse News, Evernote and Battery Solo widget. I read some of Eric Schmit's new book on the Nook app (titled the New Digital Age for anyone interested in reading it) and it was without question one of the best reading experiences I've had on any device! I have a nook HD which has a pretty crisp screen but the the New N7 is better IMO...

I set up pulse, Evernote, downloaded some of my books for nook and kindle and that's about it. Oh, and I added some of the stock widgets that came with the device to my homescreens.

Which brings me to the couple of questions that I have to ask you all... First of all, my gmail widget just says "Tap to display more messages", and when I tap it takes me to my gmail app. But the widget itself is not displaying the emails. I tried setting it up as priority inbox and as primary and neither one displays my email in the widget... Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong? Just plain "Inbox" is not on option on the list BTW...

2nd question...

I seem to have activated too many devices on my google account because it won't let me download my movies in the google Movie app anymore! I have tried deleting the movies from other devices that I no longer use but it still is giving me an error message. On my Iconia tab A500 it actually stated that I had too many devices activated for movies but on the new N7 it just says "could not download this movie"... Should I contact google about this? It seems odd to me that they would have a limit on this as it's like they're saying they don't want me to buy anymore of their devices!! LOL! Anyway, I have to fix this cause I want to be able to watch movies on my N7. Especially with that 1920 x 1200 display! I could use my netflix account but that's really not the point. I paid $14 for Tron Legacy and Total Recall and I would like to be able to watch those two movies. Does anyone know how I might be able to fix this? Is there a way to email google? or to call them?

Other then that, loving my new N7!! It's my calendar, ereader, youtube machine and game console all rolled up into one package plus I am a big fan of google now and used it almost daily on my original N7...

Oh and I did some web surfing on it too, amazing experience!! For those who have not yet experienced the N7 2013, I highly recommend trying one out and then picking one up. It's worth the price and then some!!
    Nexus 7 (2013) - 16 GB Android Kit-Kat 4.4.2
    iPad Air - 16 GB iOS 7 (Space Gray)
    HTC One Max - 32 GB Android Jelly Bean 4.3 w/Sense 5.5 - On VZW

Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    766 times
    Welcome!
    Can't help with the first, as I've always used K-9 mail.

For the second, I found this :
    http://www.askmefast.com/Google_play...na5379784.html

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Thanks danvee!! It seems they are saying to delete my account from one or more of my other devices which I have not tried yet... Gonna do that right now... I'll let you know if that works. Thanks again!

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Well that didn't work... I deleted my google account for two devices and it still won't let me download the movies. I guess I could just stream my google play movies... not that big a deal I guess. Plus it will save space on my new N7 for more games...

Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    766 times
    You can always call or email them...http://www.google.com/intl/en/contact/
    quadtronix likes this.

Member #
    Hi how do you delete the devices from your google account as I have been in contact with google about this but all they say id they are looking into it any help please.

Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    766 times
    Currently, from everything that I've seen, there really isn't.
    It appears that if the device isn't used to access Google for 9 months + 1 day (so I've read) it gets deleted automatically.
    Otherwise the best you can do is render it 'invisible' as a choice.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by danvee View Post
    Currently, from everything that I've seen, there really isn't.
    It appears that if the device isn't used to access Google for 9 months + 1 day (so I've read) it gets deleted automatically.
    Otherwise the best you can do is render it 'invisible' as a choice.
    Ok how do you render it invisible please.

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Well, I got my gmail widget to work!! I just had to set it to "important" emails and set it to sync email... Glad I got that to work cause I use the gmail widget alot on my android devices. As for the movie thing, I tried calling Google but the automated service says they don't offer tech support for their products and I could not get an operator. It's ok though... I will stream the movies or just watch them on my phone. I have Netflix and youtube as well to play with and as I stated earlier, downloading the movies would just be a waste of space anyway. Everything else is going smoothly with my new Nexus 7 and I'm glad to report I am not having multitouch issues that are being reported by some people with the new update. Thanks again for the help danvee.

Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    766 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nick789uk View Post
    Ok how do you render it invisible please.
    Browse to the PlayStore. Make sure you're signed in.
    Upper right in the window click on little gear.
    Choose 'settings'.
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1378037464033.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  60.2 KB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links