Member #

Screen Goes 'Blocky'

Without obvious reason the whole screen of nexus9 gets blocky. If sound is on, speaker gives a loud noise. Then the tablet started to boot automatically.
    I have tried reset to factory settings. Problems keeps existing. The booting stopped, but the little blocks on the screen keep existing. Anyone an idea? I installed all updates..

Phone
    Nexus 6
    Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    1443 times
    Are you able to see anything on your screen? If so, have you tried a power off, and reboot into safe-mode?

Member #
    Thank you for your answer. After the blocking I start again and the tablet doesfine, until the same thing happens again. Usually it happens a few times per day. I am typing this on the nexus9. Pity I cannot show a foto of the screen when it happens.. would it be hardware fault or software?

Phone
    Nexus 6
    Tablet
    Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
    Member #
    Liked
    1443 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zomer View Post
    Thank you for your answer. After the blocking I start again and the tablet doesfine, until the same thing happens again. Usually it happens a few times per day. I am typing this on the nexus9. Pity I cannot show a foto of the screen when it happens.. would it be hardware fault or software?
    I'm tempted to say 'hardware' - but starting it in safe-mode and running limited like that for a few days will most likely eliminate the possibility of a rouge 'software' issue causing it. Be aware safe-mode will cause you to lose any widgets you have installed, you'll have to install them to your desktop once you're back in normal mode (a simple power off/on from within safe-mode). Good luck!

Phone
    Nexus 4
    Tablet
    Nexus 7
    Member #
    Liked
    70 times
    My N9 does something similar. I find that if I keep it charged above 70% it runs better. You could try that. I flashed LineageOS which did not improve things, so I think it is a hardware problem.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Thanks for the answers. I will try both suggestions. Run in safe mode and keep the power above 70%. I also think it looks like a hardware problem. On the other end it is strange that after the 'blocking' the tablet normally starts ok again (power off and on). Though yesterday it happened that after power off/on the screen was blurry and I had to power on again. Pity, it was a nice tablet. Also have the Nexus 7. I downgraded that because it did not perform anymore after the last upgrades. I think Nexus did let me down, bit disappointed. Maybe try a Samsung.....

Phone
    Galaxy Note 8
    Tablet
    Nexus 10
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Good luck, my Nexus 10 did about the same, if I keep it plugged into power it's OK.
    HW I'm betting on both.
    Electronics only last for so long. I've had several Samsung tablets and currently too, they're good.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links